Help testing the new Home Assistant IHC integration
I have been working on new verion of the IHC integration for Home Assistant.
If you want to help test this you can install a “beta” version as a custom component in Home Assistant. You can get it here:
- Configflow. Allow you to setup the IHC controller using the UI.
- The controller will be represented as a device in HA, and identified by its serial number.
- Entities will get a unique id, allowing you to easier change name/icon. The unique id is a combination of the controller serial and the resource id
- Autosetup IHC products as devices in HA. To group related entities, and easier automation (Because the HA UI now have better support for automations on devices)
- Extra attribute to identify the IHC controller on an entity. (When you have multiple IHC controllers)
- Migrating old ihc manual config from configuration.yaml to new ihc_manual_setup.yaml file.
The most critical part is the IHC controller serial number. Devices and entities in HA needs a unique id, and I use the controller serial number (as advise in the HA documentation). I am not 100% sure this function is available on all IHC controller versions. I have IHC controller hardware version 6.1 and the new version 7.1, both of these have a serial number available. I assume version 6.2 will be no problem since it is in between. Controller version 6.0 could be a problem since it is older. The other “brands” of the IHC controller like “ELKO” may be different?
If you have a different controller or one of the ? – please help testing and report in the comments below – then I will update the list. If you find bugs you can report this in github
I have updated the HA IHC documentation here: IHC integration Notice the “migration” part if you have manually configured IHC entities.
Before you start testing – it is probably a good idea to make a backup of your IHC configuration. (But you do that regulary already of cause;-)
And a disclaimer/warning – this is a beta/preview version – I may make changes before the final version in Home Assistant. Also notice that entities added with a unique id will be stored in the HA entity registry, so if you go back these will show unavaialable entites, that you will have to delete yourself.