Help testing the new Home Assistant IHC integration
I have been working on new verion of the IHC integration for Home Assistant.
If you want to help test this you can install a “beta” version as a custom component in Home Assistant. You can get it here:
- Configflow. Allow you to setup the IHC controller using the UI.
- The controller will be represented as a device in HA, and identified by its serial number.
- Entities will get a unique id, allowing you to easier change name/icon. The unique id is a combination of the controller serial and the resource id
- Autosetup IHC products as devices in HA. To group related entities, and easier automation (Because the HA UI now have better support for automations on devices)
- Extra attribute to identify the IHC controller on an entity. (When you have multiple IHC controllers)
- Migrating old ihc manual config from configuration.yaml to new ihc_manual_setup.yaml file.
- Suggested area from IHC groups. You need to setup the IHC controller again. The initial config dialog will ask if you want to use suggested areas.
The most critical part is the IHC controller serial number. Devices and entities in HA needs a unique id, and I use the controller serial number (as advise in the HA documentation). I am not 100% sure this function is available on all IHC controller versions. I have IHC controller hardware version 6.1 and the new version 7.1, both of these have a serial number available. I assume version 6.2 will be no problem since it is in between. Controller version 6.0 could be a problem since it is older. The other “brands” of the IHC controller like “ELKO” may be different?
If you have a different controller or one of the ? – please help testing and report in the comments below – then I will update the list. If you find bugs you can report this in github
I have updated the HA IHC documentation here: IHC integration Notice the “migration” part if you have manually configured IHC entities.
Before you start testing – it is probably a good idea to make a backup of your IHC configuration. (But you do that regulary already of cause;-)
And a disclaimer/warning – this is a beta/preview version – I may make changes before the final version in Home Assistant. Also notice that entities added with a unique id will be stored in the HA entity registry, so if you go back these will show unavaialable entites, that you will have to delete yourself.